Associate Professor of Statistics
- Design and Analysis of Experiments
- Causal Inference
- Engineering and Industrial Statistics
- Application of Statistics in Nanotechnology
- Quality Engineering and Quality Management
- Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, August 2007.
- M.Tech. in Quality, Reliability and Operations Research, Indian Statistical Institute, July 1993.
- M.Stat. in Applied Statistics, Indian Statistical Institute, July 1991.
- B. Sc. in Statistics, Calcutta University, July 1989.
- January 2008 -- now, Assistant Professor of Statistics,
- August 2007 -- December 2007, Visiting Researcher, School of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- August 2003 -- July 2007, Research and Teaching Assistant,
School of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- January 1995 -- July 2003, Technical Officer, Statistical Quality Control and Operations Research Division, Indian Statistical Institute
- August 1993 -- December 1994, Fellow of Specialist Development Program, Statistical Quality Control and Operations Research Division, Indian Statistical Institute
- Dasgupta, T., Adiga, N. and Wu, C. F. J. (2011), Another Closer Look at Dorian Shainin's Variable Search Technique, Journal of Quality Technology, 43, 273-287.
- Dasgupta, T, Weintraub, B. and Joseph, R. (2011), A Physical-Statistical Model for Density Control of Nanowires, IIE Transactions (Quality & Reliability Engineering), 43, 233-241: Featured article in IE Magazine, March 2011.
- Huang, Q., Wang, L., Dasgupta, T., Zhu L., Sekhar, P. K., Bhansali, S., An, Y. (2011), Statistical Weight Kinetics Modeling and Estimation for Silica Nanowire Growth Catalyzed by Pd Thin Film, IEEE Transactions in Automation Science and Engineering, 8, 303-310.
- Dasgupta, T., Miller, A. and Wu, C. F. J. (2010), Robust Design of Measurement Systems, Technometrics, 52, 80-93.
- Nunn, C., Thrall, P. H., Bartz, K., Dasgupta, T and Boesch, C.(2009), Do Transmission Mechanisms or Social Systems Drive Cultural Dynamics in Socially Structured Populations? Animal Behavior, 77, 1515-1524.
- Xu, S., Adiga, N, Ba, S., Dasgupta, T, Wu, C. F. J. and Wang, Z. L.(2009), Optimzing and Improving the Growth Quality of ZnO Nanowire Arrays Guided by Statistical Design of Experiments, ACS Nano, 3, 1803-1812.
- Dasgupta, T., Ma, C., Joseph, V.R., Wang, Z.L., Wu, C.F.J. (2008), Statistical Modeling and Analysis for Robust Synthesis of Nanostructures, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 103, 594-603.
- Dasgupta, T. and Mandal, A. (2008), Estimation of Process Parameters to Determine the Optimum Diagnosis Interval for Control of Defective Items, Technometrics, 50, 167-181.
- Dasgupta, T. and Wu, C.F.J. (2006), Robust Parameter Design with Feedback Control, Technometrics, 48, 349-360.
- Joseph, V. R., Dasgupta, T. and Wu, C. F. J., Minimum Energy Designs: From Nanostructure Synthesis to Sequential Optimization, under revision.
- Zhu, L., Dasgupta, T. and Huang, Q., A D-optimal Design for Estimation of Parameters of an Exponential-Linear Growth of Nanostructures, under revision.
- Dasgupta, T., Pillai, N. and Rubin, D. R., Causal Inference for 2k Factorial Designs, working paper.
Some Recent Talks and Presentations
- Sampling from computationally expensive probability distributions, Workshop on Design and Analysis of Experiments in Modern-day Science and Technology, Harvard University, April 2011.
- Another closer look at Dorian Shainin's variable search technique, Joint Statistical Meeting, Miami, August 2011.
- Causal Inference from 2k factorial designs, invited talk, Designed Experiments: Recent Advances in Methods and Applications (DEMA), organized by the Isaac Newton Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge, UK, August 2011.