Edoardo (Edo) Airoldi
Associate Professor of Statistics
- Multi-variate and matrix-variate statistical analysis
- Theory and methods for dealing with networks and combinatorial objects
- Causal inference and experimental design with interfering units
- Exact and approximate inference for ill-posed inverse problems
- Computational, molecular and cellular biology
- Advertising on social media platforms
- Analysis of text
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University, December 2007.
- M.S. in Computational and Statistical Learning, Carnegie Mellon University, August 2003.
- B.S. in Mathematical Statistics, Bocconi University, October 1999.
- January 2009 -- now, Assistant Professor of Statistics, Harvard University
- December 2006 -- December 2008, Postdoctoral Fellow, Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics & Department of Computer Science, Princeton University
- EM Airoldi, AW Blocker.
Estimating latent processes on a network from indirect measurements.
Journal of the American Statistical Association. To appear.
- N Slavov, EM Airoldi, A van Oudenaarden, D Botstein.
A conserved cell growth cycle can account for the environmental stress responses of divergent eukaryotes.
Molecular Biology of the Cell. 23, 1986-1997, 2012.
- H Azari, EM Airoldi.
Graphlet decomposition of a weighted network.
Journal of Machine Learning Research, W&CP. 22, 54-63, 2012.
- DS Choi, PJ Wolfe, EM Airoldi.
Stochastic blockmodels with growing number of classes.
Biometrika. 99, 273-284, 2012.
- EM Airoldi, DS Choi, PJ Wolfe.
Confidence sets for network structure.
Statistical Analysis and Data Mining. 4, 461-469, 2011.
- EM Airoldi, B Haas.
Polytope samplers for ill-posed inverse problems.
Journal of Machine Learning Research, W&CP. 15, 110-118, 2011.
- Y Katz, E Wang, EM Airoldi, CB Burge.
Analysis and design of RNA sequencing experiments for identifying mRNA isoform regulation.
Nature Methods. 7, 1009-1015, 2010.
- EM Airoldi, EA Erosheva, SE Fienberg, C Joutard, TM Love, S Shringarpure.
Reconceptualizing the classification of PNAS articles.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 107, 20899-20904, 2010.
- R Silva, KA Heller, Z Ghahramani, EM Airoldi.
Ranking relations using analogies in biological and information networks.
Annals of Applied Statistics. 4, 615-644, 2010.
- A Goldenberg, AX Zheng, SE Fienberg, EM Airoldi.
A survey of statistical network models.
Foundations and Trends in Machine Learning. 2, 129-233, 2009.
- EM Airoldi, DM Blei, SE Fienberg, EP Xing.
Mixed-membership stochastic blockmodels.
Journal of Machine Learning Research. 9, 1981-2014, 2008.
- EM Airoldi, A Anderson, SE Fienberg, KK Skinner.
Who wrote Ronald Reagan's radio addresses?
Bayesian Analysis. 1, 289-320, 2006.